Your smile leaves a lasting impression on everyone you meet. If you are embarrassed by your teeth and avoid flashing a wide grin, it affects your first interaction with your date or new coworker. People who have crooked, gapped or discolored teeth report feeling self-conscious of their smile, which impacts their confidence. Our premier dentist, Gordon Bell, DDS, offers a smile makeover customized to meet your unique needs for your teeth and gums.
What Is in A Smile Makeover?
The treatments or procedures involved in your smile makeover rely on the state of your teeth and gums. Oral health concerns need to be addressed first, such as gum disease and tooth decay. This combination of cosmetic dentistry improves your smile by fixing aesthetic issues, including severely stained teeth and tooth gaps, cracks or chips. Teeth that are worn, asymmetrical or overlapping can also benefit from a smile makeover.
The cosmetic dentistry options in your smile makeover may include:
- Teeth Whitening: A standard part of the smile makeover, teeth whitening brightens your smile, so any other dental work is made to match the new shade.
- Dental Bonding: Composite resin material is fabricated to cover tooth imperfections, including chips and cracks. The dental bonding material is crafted to match the color of your surrounding teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin shells cover your existing teeth to provide a uniform tooth shape and conceal short or worn teeth along with tooth gaps or crooked teeth. Porcelain veneers are often a staple of the smile makeover.
- Gum Contouring: Excess gum tissue can hide much of the surface of your teeth, and an uneven gum line can give your smile a crooked appearance. Gum contouring uses a diode laser to reshape the gum line and reveal more of your teeth.
- Six Month Smiles: Crooked, overcrowded or gapped teeth may not require in-depth orthodontic work, but they can still make you feel like you need to hide your smile when you are around people. Six Month Smiles® focuses on straightening the teeth that show when you talk, speak and smile by guiding the front teeth into a more aesthetically pleasing position with clear brackets and tooth-colored wires.
Why Choose a Smile Makeover?
If you have multiple cosmetic concerns regarding your teeth, a smile makeover may be an excellent option to deliver your dream grin. Some treatments or procedures can be combined in one visit, while others require additional appointments at our York or Hellam offices. A genuine, happy smile that you are proud to show off can improve your confidence and lead to better relationships and career success.
When you are happy with your smile, you are also motivated to maintain your results with everyday oral hygiene, which leads to better overall oral health.
Contact Our Premier Cosmetic Dentist
If you are interested in a smile makeover, contact the Center for Dental Excellence to schedule your appointment with Dr. Bell today and discuss your oral health and cosmetic dentistry options.