Restore Vigor to Your Bite
Anyone who is missing teeth knows that an incomplete smile can have a negative effect on your quality of life. Chewing and speaking can become very difficult and uncomfortable. An incomplete set of teeth may also make you feel self-conscious and reluctant to smile.
At the Center for Dental Excellence, we are experts in restoring our patients’ oral health and rejuvenating their smiles. With financing options available, the cost of dentures is achievable so don’t wait any longer to begin restoring your smile. Contact our practice today to schedule a consultation.
Partial Dentures in Hellam
We understand that no two patients’ smiles are alike, and we offer fully customized dentures to meet each patients’ unique needs. During your initial consultation, you will learn more about which type of denture is best for you.
A partial denture, often called a dental bridge, is designed for patients who still have a number of healthy teeth. The dental experts at CDE prefer using precision partial dentures, a type of restoration that uses internal attachments to become secured to the supporting teeth. These restorations are extremely stable and can be easily removed for cleaning. These unique internal attachments provide a natural-looking restoration, while also providing you with greatly improved functionality. With precision partial dentures, you can once again chew and speak with confidence. Hellam patients may also choose to support their partial dentures with a dental implant. This option will often provide functionality equal to that of a partial supported by natural teeth.
For Hellam patients who are missing all of their teeth or need extraction, complete dentures can restore the functionality, comfort, and appearance of your smile. Traditionally, complete dentures required a lengthy turn-around and left patients without teeth for a number of weeks. Using preoperative impressions, our cosmetic dental team is able to offer immediate dentures, fitting patients with a comfortable and natural-looking prosthetic the same day that teeth are removed. As your gums and jawbone heal, adjustments will be made in your denture to ensure a proper fit.
Implant Supported Dentures
Missing teeth causes the jawbone to atrophy (reduce in mass). Dental implants – tiny titanium posts surgically placed in the jawbone to replace a lost tooth root – can halt this process, helping you to preserve your jaw. Dental implants also offer a superior means of securing your dentures. Traditional dentures rest on the gums, held in place with a mild adhesive. However, this method cannot fully eliminate the risk of slippage and shifting while eating or speaking. Implant-supported dentures, on the other hand, can offer the same stability and comfort you enjoyed with your natural smile. Imagine being able to smile and eat with confidence again!
Benefits Of Implant-Supported Dentures
While the process of receiving implant-supported dentures requires some commitment and patience, the results can be very rewarding. Some of the benefits of implant-supported dentures include:
- Comfort: Implant-supported dentures eliminate discomfort resulting from poorly fitting dentures.
- Improved health: Dental implants prevent jawbone atrophy.
- Carefree eating: Implant-supported dentures allow you to eat any kind of food without worrying about your dentures slipping out of place.
- Stability: Implant-supported dentures are anchored directly to your jaw bone, just like natural teeth. This eliminates the need for messy adhesives.
- Improved enunciation: You can speak with complete confidence knowing that your dentures will not slip out of place or compromise your ability to speak clearly.
Examining the Cost of Dentures
The cost of dentures provided at our Hellam, PA office depends mainly on the materials used, the means of support, and any necessary preparatory procedures. While insurance can contribute to the cost of dentures, some options such as dental implants and premium materials are considered elective, and do not qualify for coverage. To make the cost of the dentures you desire affordable, we offer several convenient financing options.
The team at Center for Dental Excellence™ will take the time needed to help you understand the cost of the treatment you need and the options you want. If you are missing teeth and would like more information about how dentures can improve your quality of life, please contact our office today to make an appointment.
Cost Of Dentures
Dentures are not a one-size-fits-all treatment. No two cases are the same, and each set of dentures is customized to meet the individual patient’s needs. The primary factors affecting the cost of dentures include:
- Dental implants– Implant-supported dentures are very popular because they offer the highest level of comfort and stability. Rather than relying on dental adhesives, these dentures connect to titanium posts that are permanently fused to the jawbone. Insurance rarely covers the cost of dental implants, making implant-supported dentures a costlier option than traditional dentures. However, the important benefits of implant-supported dentures can more than justify the cost for many patients. For example, implant-supported dentures allow you to eat any foods you wish, including crisp fruit and rare steak, without having to worry that your dentures will slip out of place. Meanwhile, implants are the only restorative treatment that can prevent the jaw atrophy that occurs in the absence of tooth roots. Traditional dentures require frequent adjustment as the jaw changes. Implant-supported dentures, however, require few, if any adjustments.
- Cosmetic Dentures– Made using premium aesthetic materials, cosmetic dentures require advanced artistic skill. Because of the time and materials involved in creating these dentures, this option can add to to the total cost of treatment, and usually incurs out-of-pocket expense. Many patients choose premium aesthetic options because they provide a natural-looking appearance and boosted confidence.
- Additional Procedures – Some patients may require additional procedures before we can begin fitting their dentures. Any periodontal disease or tooth decay must be addressed prior to crafting dentures. Some patients will require one or more teeth to be extracted or treated with root canal therapy before we begin crafting dentures. Insurance will usually contribute to the cost of these treatments. If you wish to receive implant-supported dentures, but have experienced some jaw atrophy, you may require a bone graft before implant surgery, which will increase the overall cost of treatment.
Contact Our Denture Experts in Hellam & York
At The Center for Dental Excellence, we are committed to helping each of our patients achieve a beautiful and healthy smile. We offer a range of services to meet your needs, from preventive care and regular cleanings, to natural-looking tooth colored fillings and dental crowns. If you would like to learn more about the cost of dentures in the Hellam Township or York County area, please contact us today.