Make the Smile of Your Dreams a Reality
Has staining, chips or misalignment caused you to lack confidence in your smile? Do you find yourself smiling tight-lipped for photos, or hesitant to laugh openly when meeting new people? The Center for Dental Excellence can help you to achieve a smile you can be proud to share with everyone.
At The Center for Dental Excellence, we believe each of our patients deserves a beautiful smile. We also understand no two people’s ideal smiles are alike. Our cosmetic dentists offer a customized smile makeover service to patients in York, Hellam and surrounding areas.
Your Smile Makeover Consultation in Hellam
During an initial consultation, you will discuss all the aspects of your smile you wish to enhance. Our doctor will take careful note of your goals, and tailor a custom smile makeover plan to help you achieve the smile you envision. The majority of patients interested in improving their smiles are good candidates, but you do need to have a foundation of healthy gums and teeth.
A smile makeover can help you overcome:
- Persistent discoloration and staining
- Noticeable gaps between teeth
- Crooked or overlapping teeth
- Small or misshapen teeth
- Asymmetrical teeth
- Cracks or chips
- Short or worn teeth
Elements Of A Smile Makeover
Like full mouth reconstruction, a smile makeover aims to address several aspects of your smile at once by combining multiple treatments. The treatment plan may include one or more of the following:
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding involves the use of a composite resin to conceal minor cracks and chips, discoloration, wide spaces, and inconsistent shaping. The resin will be tinted to match the natural color of your teeth. The procedure can be performed in a single visit. Often, bonding can provide enhanced symmetry that many patients choose to highlight with a preliminary teeth whitening treatment. It also complements gum contouring to give the smile not only symmetry, but also a beautiful frame.
- Porcelain Veneers – Used to address many of the same issues as dental bonding, porcelain veneers are ultra-thin ceramic shells that are bonded to the front of teeth. In the past, preparing teeth for veneers involved removing a considerable amount of tooth enamel, but the ultra-thin veneers that the dentist places require much less, if any, enamel removal. Patients often choose to whiten their teeth before receiving veneers so the porcelain shells can be matched to the brilliant new shade of the surrounding teeth. Gum contouring is often recommended to create a more attractive frame for the veneer.
- Gum Contouring – Patients with excess gum tissue often have healthy teeth that appear unhealthy, worn, or misshapen. With a diode laser, our dentists can precisely remove overgrown gum tissue to reveal more of the tooth. In some cases, the gumline simply looks uneven, and gum contouring can correct this imperfection. The laser cauterizes the incision, so there is little or no bleeding, and very minimal discomfort. No sutures are required, so the healing process is fast. Gum contouring can provide a beautiful complement to virtually any cosmetic dentistry procedure.
- Whitening – Zoom! is an in-office, chairside procedure that takes about an hour. First, the doctor will clean your teeth. After covering your lips and gums with special guards, he will apply the whitening gel to your teeth, then use a special light to activate the gel. The process is repeated three times for 15 minutes each, and results will be noticeable immediately. We also offer prescription-strength take-home whitening with custom-fitted trays. Whitening before receiving veneers, bonding, or crowns can provide a dramatic overall enhancement.
- Orthodontics – Six Month Smiles® is a purely cosmetic orthodontic treatment using clear brackets and tooth-colored wires to gradually guide the teeth into the proper position. Unlike traditional braces, which focus on the realignment of your entire bite, Six Month Smiles® focuses on front teeth only, so dramatic results can be seen in as little as six months.
Combining Quality With Conservative Techniques
Our unique, conservative approach to dental care aims to achieve the greatest enhancement with the fewest changes to your existing smile. Contact us today to learn more.
Schedule A Consultation Today
If you feel self-conscious about your smile, or if you catch yourself imagining how you might look with an entirely new smile, our dental staff can help you achieve the dazzling appearance you desire. We will take careful note of your goals to tailor a custom smile makeover plan that can make you look and feel your very best.
Today is the day to begin planning the smile you have always wanted. To learn more about any of our available services, or to schedule an appointment, please take a moment to fill out our online contact form.